Sunday, June 24, 2012

I LOVE BACK RUBS! I would love to get a daily back rub/message, oh the life that would be. I've been known to book a message while waiting on my connecting flight, or while on TDY splitting a couples message in half because that was all they had ( seriously 1 session was 1.5 hours so we split it and each got a 30+ minute sessions; seemed like a no brainier to us). I've been given messages gift certificates for Valentines Day, birthdays, and anniversaries. I even think one of the best part of a pedicure is the foot and calf message. Growing up my dad used to rub my neck and shoulders. All I'd have to do is sit on the floor in front of him while he was watching the evening news. It was grand! Then Alan took over and was there to help loosen my tired shoulders at the end of the day. My boys were even pulled into service rubbing my aching neck when I had bad headaches. The warmth of someone rubbing your shoulders and neck helps relax me beyond most anything and is so healing. But this week I had the unbelievable happen. I was so sick that when Alan offered to rub my back I decided it might make me feel better but only a few seconds into it I asked him to stop. WHAT! Stop a back rub! NEVER before have I been the one to end a rub! Always the one giving the rub has either run out of the alotted/purchased time or the family members hands and fingers have worn out longer before I was ready. Now I'd say that I was more than a little under the weather to do this. But thankfully with the proper medications I am on the mend. And I think I am going to ask Alan for a rain check on that back rub when he gets home this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment